Friday, October 01, 2021

Reading list: The Powerpoint Channel

Lynn M. Lopucki, The Powerpoint Channel

From the intro: This article seeks to contribute to the development of the PowerPoint channel by describing a theory and style for PowerPoint teaching of law. By “style” I mean a particular combination of techniques for slide design and content. I developed the style principally by experimentation in using PowerPoint to teach secured transactions and business associ-ations over a period of about twenty years. By “theory,” I mean a system of ideas as to how PowerPoint can improve learning.

I really enjoyed this article about maximizing the effectiveness of Powerpoint in law teaching; extra bonus points for the sentence “Because the offending lights are usually high on an inaccessible ceiling and on the same switch as essential lights, I recommend that teachers bring a pellet gun whenever they must teach in a new room.”

No comments: